Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Maytag Dishwasher Door Leak



My Maytag dishwasher leaks from the bottom of the door. I understand this is probably because the float is not working properly. I have fiddled a bit with the float, and the leak is not as bad, but is there an easy way to adjust the float level so I can drop the overall water level in the dishwasher?

Hi, model#, approx age? Most door leaks are not float related, over filling is more fill valve or poss a dirty float mechanism. Leaks at the door can be:
- gasket
- door latch
- gaskets on the door dispensors
- split spray arm

Model Number is DWU7400AAX (JetClean), and the washer is about 4 years old. Thanks for any help/advice.

Hi, that style of d/w has had many problems wit hthe soap door gasket leaking ( have a close look at where the soap arm comes out of the door ), there has also been some leaks around the rince aid dispensor but not as common as the soap dispensor arm gasket. A llose door lock or bad gasket will also allow d/w to leak at the door, a split spray arm can allow water to spray right at the door and cause a leak as well.

Thanks!

Jeff, the soap arm gasket looks very worn as you had suggested. It actualy appears to be missing on the top half. Can I lay down a bead of conventional silicone sealer in this area, or do I need a new gasket?

Hi, the part is under 5 dollars, get the new grommet and latch kit, silicone is not good for you and should not be used in a d/w.

Thanks again!

Hi, the part is under 5 dollars, get the new grommet and latch kit, silicone is not good for you and should not be used in a d/w.
How much is involved in replacing the grommet and latch kit?
Glenn

I had a problem with my model DWU7500AAX leaking from the lower right door hinge area. I tried readjusting the door gasket with no luck, and I also didn't see an obvious problem with other areas like the float, spray arm, or soap dispenser. I noticed the door gasket had a crease in it down the middle from the raised ridge all the way around the inside of the door. I thought maybe the door just wasn't making good contact with the gasket any more since this was a pretty old unit.
So before I bought a new gasket, I tried taking the old one out, turning it 180 degrees and reinserting it into the channel so that the crease was now on the inside and the smooth side was facing the door.
So far, after 1 cycle, it hasn't leaked.
Will update the thread if it develops a leak again, otherwise assume it worked.
Good luck.






Tags: maytag, dishwasher, door, leak, door gasket, grommet latch, dollars grommet, dollars grommet latch, dollars grommet latch silicone, dollars grommet latch silicone good, good should, good should used